Custom Icons for Custom Entities

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Hi everyone, I am new with CRM '13 and I created solution with custom entities. I uploaded set of icons for custom entities 16x16 and 32x32.
But when I installed Easy Navigate => it doesn't use my custom Icons for custom Entities.

Should I upload some Icons with different size? And where please?

Thanks for any helpful answer :)
Mar 4, 2015 at 1:16 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2015 at 2:20 AM
Any response to this? I have the same question. I have an XRM solution with many custom entities and Icons and this solution would be perfect if the custom entity Icons would show.

Happy to add another web resource if I know the icon parameters that are supported.

[Edit] Unsupported but it looks like these are standard 32x32 png icons. For on-premise you can put the icons in the path of the /_imgs/navbar... folder and edit the icon to point to the server based file. E.g....

/_imgs/NavBar/ActionImgs/Administration_32.png (the default Administration Icon)

To be fully supported and useful for CRM Online/Hosted it would be great if the icons referenced web resources.

Looking forward to seeing this wonderful enhancement included!

Thanks...
Mar 4, 2015 at 10:41 PM
Back again. My work around above is not that great. This area does need some work.
  • If you change the Icon it then makes the Navigation Area 'Custom' and the 'Live' area still has busted Icons
  • If you make a change to the sitemap and customise the EasyNavigate area, all your previous icon mappings get restored to default.
This is such a good tool and great way to navigate CRM 2013/2015. Please can this be updated to support the custom entity web resource Icons. That way you can have Easy Navigate reflect the Sitemap.
Mar 6, 2015 at 3:38 PM
The developer does not work for the company that own the source code... It seems there won't be updates anymore...
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2015 at 4:41 PM
Hi all,

So sorry for my late answers, i wasn't available these last weeks at all. I will be back in few weeks for new releases ;)
Just for the record,
I'm the owner of the source code and not the company I work for (unless i've been fired :p )

-Amine
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM
Hi,

A new version will be released this week (it's on test).

Thanks for your patience
-Amine
Aug 25, 2015 at 3:41 PM
Hi,

This is a a great solution and I'm very happy with it!! However, how can I default all users to automatically direct to the Easy Navigate Site Map. Without having to go click on 'Easy Navigate' in the original site map first (before it becomes available to them). I have a feeling they won't know to do this.

Thanks for any feedback or help!
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2015 at 11:36 AM
Hi coletteeffel1,

I really don't know if its possible to set a default page for all users.
I'll keep you in touch if I find a way to do it.

Thanks for using EasyNavigate :)

-Amine
Aug 26, 2015 at 10:25 PM
Hi Coletteffel1, You cannot set this easily globally (unfortunately). Each user can change their default login/landing page under their own personal options. You can set EasyNavigate as the home page there.
Hope this helps?
Ian