Problem with Systemuser in Sitemap

May 19, 2014 at 4:06 PM
HI,

thx for this great Tool. Unfortunately I have some troubles with the systemuser entity. Easy Navigate doesn't show me the Tile for it. I am using Office 365 with German Base Language. Are there any known issues ?

Cheers,
Christoph
May 19, 2014 at 4:42 PM
As a workaround I added it manually with the following settings:

Url: /tools/Admin/admin.aspx?pid=07

Cheers
Coordinator
May 19, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Hi Uter1007,

Thanks for using this tool :)

systemUser entity is not present on the default sitemap. You will find it under Administration -> Users
This is why systemuser tile is not present by default, but you can add it (like you did) manually.

Thanks,

Amine
May 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Hi, thx for your tool!
However, I am having some Issues as well, for example the tile links are incorrect. They always connect me to the neighbour entity of the one I clicked.
For example, if I click on accounts, it will link me to the contacts instead and so on. Is this some sort of know Issue, is there a workaround for it as well?
It doesnt happen to all the Organisations I tried, but this particular one always recreates this Issue, even after de- and reinstalling EasyNavigate.
Any suggestions?

thanks,
georg
May 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM
PS: It would be awesome if you could also add the Source Code -> so we could investigate this Problem + we could add additional features.

Cheers,
Christoph ;)
May 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Here is the sitemap line that causes troubles =>

<SubArea Id="nav_systemuser" Sku="All" Entity="systemuser" AvailableOffline="false" PassParams="false" Icon="$webresource:vpx_icon_consultant16" Url="/tools/Admin/admin.aspx?pid=07"></SubArea>

aminekouddane: If you can test it with such an entry, this would be awesome ;)

Cheers,
Christoph